We would like to invite you to the academic opening session of the CETRA Summer School 2019 (Faculty of Arts Campus Antwerp, Sint-Andriesstraat 2, Antwerp, room 1.33) and the reception afterwards on Monday 19 August. The programme looks like this:
- 17.00 Academic Opening Session
- Henri Bloemen, Campus Dean at Arts Faculty Campus Sint-Andries, Welcome
- Pieter Boulogne, CETRA Director, Welcome
- Isabelle Heyerick (University of Warwick, KU Leuven), An exploration of the strategic nature of simultaneous interpreting. How do we get where we want to be?
- Jemina Napier, CETRA Chair Professor 2019, Introductory Lecture: Interpreting Studies as linguistic ethnography: New theories, new methods
- 18.30 Reception
Participation is free, but registration is required. Here you can register for the academic opening and/or reception until 12 August.
CETRA Chair Professor 2019 is Jemina Napier (Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK). Her lectures are freely accessible:
- Sign Language Interpreting Studies as a Transformative, Transformed and Transformational Field: Implications for Interpreting Studies on Tuesday 20 August at 11.30 in room 2.06.
- Examining the multimodal research trend in dialogue interpreting research on Thursday 22 August at 11.30 in room 2.06.
- Participatory research methods in interpreting studies on Monday 26 August at 11.30 in room 2.06.
- Exploring mixed-methods research design in interpreting studies on Wednesday 28 August at 11.30 in room 2.06.
You can find abstracts of these lectures and a short bio by the Chair Professor at https://www.arts.kuleuven.be/cetra/people/jeminanapier.
We hope to welcome you in large numbers!