Our alumna Luisa Rodríguez Muñoz (Universidad de
Córdoba) has kindly asked us to spread the below call for papers:
“CALL FOR PAPERS: Deadline for submission of abstracts for individual presentations is 15 June (1st Call) or 30 June (2nd Call)
1st International Symposium on Translation and Knowledge Transfer: New trends in the theory and practice of translation and interpreting (TRAK)
We are happy to announce that the 1st International Symposium on Translation and Knowledge Transfer: New trends in the theory and practice of translation and interpreting (TRAK) will be held in Cordoba on 17-18 October 2019.
The main theme of TRAK2019 is knowledge transfer through translation, and for this purpose, the symposium explores the fundamental role of translation and interpreting as channels for the dissemination of knowledge, bringing languages and cultures closer in a diversified world.
The first Call for Papers is available below. Please note the deadlines and submission details.
THEMES AND TOPICS
- Research methods: Sociology applied to translation and interpreting.
- Interdisciplinarity in translation research.
- Translation perspectives: Turns, shifts and new fields of inquiry.
- Interculturality and transculturality in translation and interpreting.
- Translation and gender studies.
- The impact of translation and language policies on multilingualism.
- New careers in translation and interpreting: Postediting, transcreation and technology management.
- The future of translation and interpreting: Translation technologies and automatic translation.
- Developments in translation project management.
- Multimodal translation: New forms of intersemiotic transfer.
- Shifting trends in the translation industry: The consumers’ choice and its impact on translated products.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The deadline for submission of abstracts will be 15 June (early bird fee) or 30 June (last call fee).
Abstracts of 300 words in English or French and adapted to our Abstract sheet should be sent to Carmen Expósito Castro (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mar Ogea Pozo (email@example.com). We will update with payment details soon.
Speakers – Early bird fee (before 15 June) 100 € Speakers – Last call (16-30 June) 125 € Participants – Early bird fee (before 15 June) 50€ Participants – Last call (16-30 June) 75€
Juan José Martínez Sierra (Universitat de València)
Sylvie Monjean-Decaudin (Sorbonne Université)
Christiane Nord (University of the Free State, Bloemfontein)
Boris Vázquez-Calvo (Universidade de Santiago de Compostela)
To see more information on the symposium, please visit our websites: